11 C
New York
Thursday, March 23, 2023

Several students sickened after possibly eating pot gummies in Southern California

(KTLA) – At least seven people needed medical evaluation Wednesday afternoon after possibly ingesting marijuana gummies at a school in Sun Valley, California officials said.

The incident was reported around 1:20 p.m. at 7330 N. Bakman Avenue, the site of Sun Valley Magnet School, according to the Los Angeles Fire Department.

The patients, all believed to be school age, were being evaluated for “sudden illness” after ingesting what is believed to be chewable marijuana, officials said. They were all conscious and breathing.

Several Los Angeles Fire Department units responded to the school, aerial video from Nexstar’s KTLA showed.

No further details about the incident have been released.

Marijuana and marijuana edibles are widely available in cannabis stores across California, where voters legalized recreational use in 2016.

This is a developing story.

Source link

Related Articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected